The Al-Hakim Foundation is an international educational and welfare non-profit organization.
The Foundation was established in July 2004 for promoting intellectual excellence, religious dialogue and cultural understanding. It brings relief to the poor and those thus disposed, providing access to education and promoting democracy and good governance within civil society.
The Foundation was registered with the Ministry of Planning and Economic Cooperation and other governmental offices in Iraq in July 2004 The foundation working hard through it s role as civil society institute to achieve the mission that include following objectives:
Using wisdom and good guidance for educating people into the rule of law and human rights.
Promoting social and peaceful coexistence among religions, different schools of thought, ethnic groups and various cultures while rejecting factionalism. In addition, the Foundation encourages a spirit of tolerance, love, friendship and equality.
Opposing extremism and radicalism.
The Foundation is based upon moderation and encourages dialogue among revealed religions, religious schools and doctrines, and the mobilization of society against discrimination, chauvinism and factionalism;
Reinforcing complementaries and encouraging coordination among international institutions that share similar activities in the promotion of education, humanitarian and intercultural activities, and enhancement of the role of civil society.
Helping youth by developing their cultural and educational capabilities; offering workshops and supporting university students by various means.
Assistance projects aimed at the protection of the family and the education of orphans and children;
Building sport and recreation facilities for the youth.
In order for the Foundation to reach its goals, it will create strategy among different constituencies.
1. Supporting cultural and other appropriate projects.
Opening facilities to foster boys’ and girls’ sports as well as their cultural and intellectual activities.
Creating small artifacts economic projects for the empowerment of youth;
Creating unions where the educated elite and other social categories could meet.
2. Annual conferences:
Conferences to study the situation of women in Iraq and Iraqi communities abroad.
Annual international conferences to present studies and research, whose purpose is to discuss important human issues and new phenomena impacting upon the lives of all human beings.
Conferences aiming at fostering tolerance and dialogue among the different religions and schools of thought;
Conferences aiming at analyzing the means to be used to put an end to wars and violence among religious and ethnic groups;
Conferences aiming at tackling terrorism and the sources encouraging its existence.
3. Participating in the activities of the Economic and Social Council. The Human Rights Council and committees of the General Assembly of the United Nations and participation in all international conferences relevant to the intellectual, social, cultural, and humanitarian aspects of the Foundation.
4. Mobilizing all society’s energies to undertake the following:
Collecting data about the scientific expertise of elites in the areas of culture, political administration, informatics and communication. A master project shall describe each area of expertise in a survey which will facilitate membership in the various categories
Collecting data about women’s scientific and intellectual expertise in order to foster an educational and information project for women; and application of this expertise in women’s training and their rapid enrollment;
Contracting with quality experts in the educational field for increasing the provision of sessions and training in schools and universities.
5. Supporting (private or public) specialized universities, departments, and institutes. Also, improving the curriculum, requirements, textbooks and teaching methods to secure a certain cultural harmony in education.
6. Programs and cultural publications: The Foundation will provide its affiliated sessions, schools, and unions with specialized scientific, cultural, and educational programs. It will also provide scientific and cultural publications to support specialized cultural and social movements. Likewise, it will encourage various organizations and agencies to contribute to the implementation of these programs. Finally, it will publish cultural, scientific, and socially-relevant magazines and specialized newspapers.